The land was sold and in 1829, 498 acres were purchased by Robert Brown, a farmer who passed 276.5 acres of that on to his son Thomas J. Brown in 1864. Thomas Brown built a house on that land (the Frederick Case house) which was the first known dwelling on the land now known as Capitol View Park. The land was bisected by the railroad with 123.5 acres north of the tracks and this acreage was sold to Mary Harr who was ultimately responsible for the platting and development of Capitol View Park.
The Harrs moved to their farm and built a house in 1882 (the Trimble House). The map of 1908 shows approximately 17 buildings in Capitol View Park. In 1911, Capitol View Avenue was laid out and recorded. Prior to this, there was no direct connection to Kensington by road north of the tracks. County water came to the area in the 1920's and slowly the number of houses increased. many of the smaller houses on Meredith Street and Capitol View Avenue were built in the 1930's.
The above information is from the Sector Plan for Capitol View and Vicinity, adopted July 1982.